Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Going to the Singularity Summit this weekend

I will be in San Francisco this weekend at the Singularity Summit conference. It should be very interesting, a weekend of pondering Artificial Intelligence and the future of humanity. There are many interesting speakers, the keynotes are going to be Rodney Brooks and Peter Norvig. Brooks is the Director of the Artificial Intelligence lab at MIT, and CTO of iRobot. Norvig is the Director of Research at Google, and he has written a few good AI and LISP books. This will be a time to think about cool ideas, meet interesting people, and enjoy San Francisco's nightlife.

That's one of the things I love about working at a startup company, the work schedule is flexible, and the people working there tend to be entrepreneurial, intellectually curious, and spontaneous. My two coworkers and I were looking at the conference, we thought it looked interesting, so we decided on the spot to get the tickets and go. If I was working at a large company I would probably be going by myself as I usually do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great! The future eh? Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.